Audiology: Science to Practice, Second Edition Info.
Audiology: Science to Practice, Second Edition is a textbook for undergraduate students in audiology and speech-language pathology and for graduate students beginning an AuD program who may not have a previous background in the subject. It is designed to cover the content of both two-course sequences (Hearing Science and Principles of Audiology) as well as combined courses - providing a level of consistency in presentation. Chapters cover hearing science, diagnostic procedures, an introduction to hearing aids, and extensive coverage of anatomy and physiology of the auditory and vestibular systems. The author has taught an Introduction to Audiology course for more than 20 years, and has truly designed this text with the student in mind.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
The second edition has been updated and reorganized, and also includes two brand new chapters, one on clinical-pure tone masking and another on hearing screening. Additional details and figures have been added on vestibular anatomy and physiology, acoustic resonance, speech acoustics, middle ear wide-band power (MEWP) measures of the middle ear, and masking for speech testing. In addition, James Jerger has revised his contributed chapter on the historical pathways in audiology, including the addition of an educational audiology path, thanks to the contribution of Cheryl DeConde Johnson. Gus Mueller and Earl Johnson have also revised their chapter on hearing aids to reflect the many updates that have taken place with amplification options over the past five years.
* Difficult concepts are well supported by figures and tables.
*Each chapter includes a list of key objectives, and key words and phrases are italicized throughout and included in a Glossary.
* Each chapter is prefaced by a list of learner outcomes and punctuated by summaries (synopses) which can be found on the easily identifiable grey pages.
* At the end of each chapter there is a supplemental topic that can be used for expanded applications.
* Includes references to the most current guidelines from the American Academy of Audiology (AAA) and the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
* Audiograms and calibration values are based on the newest standards set by the American National Standards Institute.
A companion student workbook, Audiology Workbook is also available and sold separately..
Read Audiology: Science to Practice, Second Edition complete books online for free. Reading Audiology: Science to Practice, Second Edition full free books online without downloading.
Looking up to the full article E-Books free download? Here you can read
Audiology: Science to Practice, Second Edition . You can also read and download new and old full E-Books. Enjoy and relax with full Audiology: Science to Practice, Second Edition Books Online.